*Voron 2.4 r2 3D Printer Kit by Spool3D - March 2023
Free shipping in Canada for orders over $140 before tax. (via Canada Post)
Need printed parts?
- Printed Parts for Voron 2.4r2 - Coming Soon
Assembly Manual and other information
Wiring is slightly different in this kit - please see the following PDF.
If you are looking for the Summer 2022 wiring - please see here.
Release V2.4r2 of the VORON2 lineup of 3D printers. This release re-focused on simplicity and cost for VORON2, and has been redesigned from the ground up to be more streamlined, easier to source, more fun to build, and generally a better machine to own. In short, what VORON used to stand for.
This Kit's Features & Extras
- HiWin linear rails and blocks are included and prelubricated.
- Misumi 2020 aluminum extrusion, pre-tapped and pre-drilled
- Gates belts
- Mean Well Power supply for the electronics
- LDO Voron 2.4 Stepper motors Kit
- Phaetus Dragon HF hotend with standard flow heat break included
- Genuine Bondtech Afterburner Components
- Cast Aluminum tool plate for print bed with embedded magnets, 8mm thick
- Flexible spring steel print bed, double sided with smooth and textured PEI
- Canada approved SSR, power switch, power receptacle, power cord, terminal blocks. (Everything the AC touches)
- Canada approved AC powered bed heater
- 300mm x 300mm kit includes 500W, 254mm x 254mm heater
- 350mm x 350mm kit includes 720W, 304mm x 304mm heater
- IGUS Cable chains
- Manta M8P with CB1 (incl. heatsink)
- Terminal Blocks Kit for AC power distribution
- Wago Terminal Blocks for Thermal Fuse quick change
- Cables kit made of FEP wire with ends already installed
- PCB x-y endstops
- PCB z-endstop
- Hartk ERCF Toolhead PCB, including FEP wiring loom
- Klicky Probe kit included
- Accelerometer included
- Deck Panel is Black Aluminum Composite Panel
- Enclosure panels - 3mm cast acrylic.
This list shows lengths for 350mm kit. Lengths will be adjusted for 300mm kit
|M5 Roll-in Spring T-nut||70|
|M5 Hex Nut||18|
|M5 1mm Shim||44|
|M4 Knurled Nut (DIN 466-B)||5|
|M3 Threaded Insert||120|
|M3 Roll-in Spring T-nut||105|
|M3 Hammer Head T-nuts||70|
|M2x10 Self-tapping Screw||18|
|Ø5x60mm Shaft, D Cut||4|
|Ø5x35mm Shaft (trim to size)||1|
|Linear Rail MGN9H 400mm||6|
|Linear Rail MGN12H 400mm||1|
|2GT Gates Open Belt LL-2GT-9 (9mm wide) - 5200mm||1|
|2GT Gates Open Belt LL-2GT-6 (6mm wide) - 4500mm||1|
|2GT Gates Belt Loop (6mm W) - 188mm||4|
|GT2 80T black Aluminum Pulley (5mm ID 6mm W)||4|
|2GT 20T Toothed Idler (5mm ID 9mm W)||4|
|2GT 20T Toothed Idler (5mm ID 6mm W)||2|
|2GT 20T Pulley (5mm ID 9mm W)||4|
|2GT 20T Pulley (5mm ID 6mm W)||3|
|2GT 16T Pulley (5mm ID 6mm W)||4|
|Bondtech BMG Extruder Components Kit||1|
|TycoElectronics 10EGG1-1 Filtered Power Inlet||1|
|Thermal Fuse (125C) with Wago terminal blocks for easy change||1|
|BigTreeTech TMC2209 Stepper Motor Driver||8|
|BigTreeTech CB1 with heatsink||1|
|Omron G3A-210B-DC5 SSR||1|
|Omron D2F-01L Micro Switch, prewired||3|
|NEMA17 Motor LDO-42STH40-2004MAH||2|
|NEMA17 Motor LDO-42STH48-2004AC||4|
|NEMA17 Motor LDO-42STH20-1004ASH||1|
|BigTreeTech Mini 12864 Display||1|
|Medium Blow Fuse 5x20mm 8A (120v mains)||2|
|BigTreeTech Manta M8P||1|
|Mean Well LRS-200-24 PSU||1|
|Omron TL-Q5MC2 NPN Inductive Probe||1|
|DIN Rail Mount Bracket for G3A SSR||1|
|XY microswitch PCB||1|
|Z microswitch PCB|
|C13 Power Cord||1|
|NTC 100k glass bead thermistor for bed - prewired||1|
|60x60x20 Fan (24V) Dual Ball Bearing||3|
|40x40x20 Centrifugal Fan (24V) Dual Ball Bearing||1|
40x40x10 Axial Fan (24V) Dual Ball Bearing
Terminal Blocks Kit - Sourced from Phoenix Contact
|Rubber Compressor Feet||4|
|OpenBuilds Angle Corner Connector (2020)||4|
|DIN 3 Rails (35mm W)||2|
|Ø6x3mm Neodimium Magnet||8|
|Single Sided Foam Tape 3mm Thick (5m)||1|
|Single Sided Foam Tape 1mm Thick (5m)||1|
|PTFE Tube (4mm OD 3mm ID) - 1000mm||1|
|PTFE Tube (4mm OD 2mm ID) - 300mm||1|
|4mm Bowden Coupler||1|
|3M VHB Tape 5952||1|
|Mains Power Pre-made Wiring Kits||1|
|Toolhead PCB loom - FEP wires|
|Low Power Pre-Made Wiring Kits (FEP wires)||1|
|Nylon Cable Ties, Small (.07-.10", 1.8-2.7mm wide)||100|
|10x15 IGUS Cable Chain Open Type (545mm)||1|
|10x10 IGUS Cable Chain Open Type (405mm)||2|
|MicroFit and XH254 pns and connectore||1|
|spare FEP wires||1|
|Klicky Probe Kit||2|
|(350mm kit listed)||Cast Acrylic, Matte Black - 483x503x3 mm||1|
|Aluminum Composite Panel, Black - 469x469x3 mm||2|
|Cast Acrylic, Clear - 483x503x3 mm||2|
|Cast Acrylic, Clear - 483x483x3 mm||1|
|Cast Acrylic, Clear - 241.5x503x3 mm||2|
Spring Steel Flexible Print Surface - 300x300mm OR 350x350mm
-Double sided, smooth/textured PEI
|MIC6 8mm Plate with embedded magnets- 300x300mm OR 350x350mm||1|
|Tutco Silicone AC Heater - 250x250mm (500W) OR 300x300mm (720W)||1|
|18 Piece Tool Kit with Case||1|
|IWISS IWS 3220M Crimp Tool|
|2mm Drill Bit||1|
|Heat Set Insert Tool||1|
Notable features for this release:
- Afterburner Toolhead System, features minimal parts you actually swap, and improved cooling of both hot end and parts. Comes in both Direct Feed and Bowden configurations. We've incorporated all feedback received during the beta testing process and made it much easier to assemble.
- Direct drive A and B motors allow for smoother belt path and less parasitic loses. Also reduces noise and ringing, while improving machine reliability.
- Z rails are now centered on the vertical extrusions, allowing use of almost any 2020 T slot profile available.
- Increased Y travel. There's now a full 10mm of over-travel on Y axis, allowing one to use the Z nozzle probe without sacrificing build plate space.
- XY joints and Z idlers now use regular 20T toothed pulleys, reducing complexity and cost, while improving reliability of the machine. Z idlers are also simplified and now use single screw for belt tension adjustment.
- Z drives now accommodate any metal 80T pulley available on the market, including ones with flanges. Metal 80T improve accuracy over printed 80T pulleys, and allow for more consistent gantry leveling results.
- New front idlers are vastly simplified and also feature single screw belt tension adjustment. This allows users to get more consistent results when tensioning belts and, more importantly, while trying to match the belt tensions of a group of belts.
- Part counts and variety has been reduced, and printed parts now require much less plastic.
- Improved bed mounting using globally sourceable spacers in order to help eliminate bed distortion during the build process.
- Front panel is now a set of doors, using magnetic latches and print-in-place hinges.
- Screw-down panel clips from V2.1 return with a re-design and improved installation method. They are now almost as quick as the quick-release panel clips to install and remove.
- Rear fan housing has been redesigned to help utilize more of the filter material. It now uses a 60mm fan for easier 24V sourcing.
- Rear plug panel sees the return of the integrated non-filtered mains inlet, which is much cheaper and easier to source. It also features dual Keystone terminal slots for easy port extendability (CAT6, USB, etc).
- Electronics compartment layout has been improved to allow better cooling and easier component management. DIN3 (35mm) rails are the standard configuration now which bring with it much improved installation and maintenance experience. Electronic compartment cooling is now provided by dual 60mm fans, significantly improving component cooling.
- Take advantage of the Voron on Discord: https://discord.gg/voron. The community is very active on Discord and the users are very helpful on the channel.
- Download Fusion 360 and get a free license to view the 3D model of the printer. The 3D model is a very useful reference when the manual is ambiguous or unclear.
- Check out Nero 3DP's Youtube channel, he has a ton of videos on assembling Voron printers.
- Get a serial number once you finish building your Voron.
- Spool3D would like to give our thanks to the Voron team for all their hard work creating this 3D printer.
Buy a Voron v2.4r2 3D Printer Kit from Spool3D online in Canada without the surprise cost of the exchange rate!